At Vestwell, we’re striving to help millions of people save for retirement. Yet, we could never fulfill our mission of democratizing access to quality plans without our number one asset: our employees. Catalyzed by Employee Appreciation Day, we’ve been giving a lot of thought to what makes Vestwell unique. Here’s a quick highlight of the top 10 things our employees love about working here.
- We’re a bunch of retirement geeks. We’re not ashamed to admit it: we fully geek out about retirement. Our CEO (chief geek) has worked tirelessly to build a passionate team of entrepreneurs focused on reinventing workplace savings and investing.
- 401(k)s for all. Naturally, we have a pretty great 401(k) plan. We offer a non-elective 3% match, which means regardless of if you contribute to your 401(k) or not, Vestwell contributes to your retirement (but know in advance, we’ll provide you with lots of education around why you should)!
- Sometimes we slack. Given the virtual work environment we’ve found ourselves in, we had to get creative with how our culture transcended the distance. We use the messaging app Slack to stay in touch about work, but just as important, we created dedicated Slack channels for sharing photos and stories about personal hobbies and interests in channels like #pets_like_401k_plans, #thefunstuff, #scavenger-hunt, #positive-vibes-only, and more.
- We’re backed by some pretty big names. Goldman Sachs, BNY Mellon, Nationwide, Point72, and Franklin Templeton are just a few of Vestwell’s investors. Together, we’re working to change the world (of retirement, that is)!
- We don’t sweat the small stuff. But we do take some time to get a workout in during the work day by regularly hosting virtual workout sessions (including desk chair yoga!) to encourage employees to stay active and clear their minds.
- We don’t just diversify our portfolios. Diversity and inclusion is a big focus for us. We have identified partners in the tech community that focus on BIPOC and women in technology like Grace Hopper, Afrotech, and Women in Tech, and we work with them as part of our ongoing recruitment strategy for technical talent. We are also launching our first official summer internship program, designed to identify talented students from the BIPOC communities. Internally, we host unconscious bias trainings and “lunch and learns” to give employees a safe space to have conversations about diversity, belonging, and inclusion.
- We have fun, too. Vestwell regularly hosts online social events including trivia game night, scavenger hunts, and cooking classes (did I mention there are prizes!?).
- Equity for all. Every Vestwell employee receives equity in the company, which means we share a collective interest in seeing the business succeed. So when we reference “our” company, we really mean it!
- We’re always investing…in our people! We provide every employee with a stipend for continued training and education. We also have regular, formal feedback sessions to discuss development to make sure employees are growing (and happy!) in their roles.
- Other people say we’re pretty great. Okay, can we brag for a sec? We have been recognized as one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes for two years in a row! We’ve also been recognized as a best place to work by Crain’s NYC and we’re a three-time winner of Built in NYC Best Place to Work. So we must be doing something right, right?
Interested in working at Vestwell? Good news — we’re hiring! We currently have 10+ job openings, so check us out and see if there’s an opportunity that’s right for you. And if not, please email us at email@example.com and tell us why you’d be the perfect fit for our team. We can’t wait to hear from you!